This recipe will feature enchiladas made with my special green sauce. Some people like to make their enchiladas plain or with store bought sauce. You can still follow my recipe and use any sauce as a substitute.
- Shredded chicken
- Vegetable Oil
- Salsa Verde
- Cheese (Mozzarella or Monterey)
For this recipe you will need to boil the chicken you're using. Now before you boil it in pure water I will be providing an important life changing recipe that should be used for every boiled chicken you will ever need. All you need is
- Half an onion
- A clove of garlic
- Chicken bouillon (preferably the brand Knorr)
- The chicken! Breasts or thighs with bone I recommend.
Shredded boiled chicken will be the base for the enchiladas.
- First you remove the fat from your chicken and then poke it with a fork so that the flavor get soak inside. Then you get a tall pot ( to prevent any bubbling spilling messes) and fill it about half way with water. Salt the water but not too much, shake it around in a circle 3 times. Start the boil on high heat.
- As it boils add half an onion (I would suggest a yellow or white one) and the clove of garlic. Let it boil for about 15 minutes and take off the fat that foams on the surface with a ladle. After you do that add a tablespoon of chicken bouillon.
- Continue to boil for 40 minutes and remove any fat that might surface again. Let it cool after and DO NOT DUMP THE WATER USED. It is now a chicken broth and it can be used for a Tortilla Soup.
Once it's cooled you can begin to shred it with your fingers. They should be nice and thin. If you are having issues with peeling the strips because the texture is too elastic and its pinky then it is probably raw so boil it a bit longer. My stove is unique so time may vary. After you have shredded everything add sprinkles of salt and pepper, spread it around in your hands.
- Fry the tortilla in oil, it should be for about 20 seconds on each side. The tortilla should be a nice yellowy color but not golden because that’s a tostada. The tortilla should still be flimsy so that you can roll it nicely. Cook as many as you need
- Add a line of salsa verde on the tortilla and then add a line of shredded chicken. Then roll it
- Serve with salsa verde on top and grated white cheese, heat in the microwave for 30 seconds so it can melt nicely. ENJOY!!